This demonstration scene features several plants created in Xfrog 3.5 (small plants) and 4.0 (tree, with the Cinema4D plug-in). The models were processed with UV Mapper and converted into POV-Ray mesh2 format with 3DWin. Note that the models are large meshes and than while the plants were inspired by actual ones, they are not botanically exact.
The file contains:
- the complete POV-Ray scene files to recreate the scenes below. The first scene is a traditional still scene and the second one is set up to be rendered as a 360° panorama to be viewed in PTViewer or Quicktime VR (the latter after conversion with tools like Panotools/Panocube).
- a sycamore-like tree
- 5 (reeds with and without flowers)
- 2 polygonum persicaria
- 2 chenopodium polyspermum
- 1 cardamine pratensis
- 1 anemone sylvestris
- 1 rumex acetosa
- 2 urtica dioica (nettle)
- short grass (made with the MakeGrass macro)
- dead leaves and twigs
- a posable monarch butterfly (modeled in Rhino)
This 3D object was used in the following pictures :
Creative Commons License By Attribution